Yes, it has been too long between posts. I could have reported on:
• seeing a play about where Godot was while others were waiting for him.
• being given free tickets to Twelve Angry Men with Richard Thomas (he was okay, others in the cast were better).
• dropping by an open house at a place that teaches court reporting and closed captioning (because really, I should have a skill, some skill, any skill).
• dealing with the leaky toner cartridges in our colour laser printer.
• attending Doors Open Toronto and touring a cool little printing house and a big factory reclaimed as offices and studios.
• going to readings at the Toronto library (one of which included an author playing french horn while a Queen Elizabeth II impersonator entered).
• working a part time job coaching customer service by phone.
• winning free tickets to a Luminato event (to which I couldn’t find anyone to go with), a concert of songs by famous Canadians but sung by others (and which I left at intermission due to an early morning the next day).
• fretting over too few auditions and the frustrations of the auditions I do get.
• attending the mostly disappointing Toronto ACTRA Performers’ summer conference.
• visiting our neighbourhood community playhouse for the first time, to see a friend in a newish play (he was better than the play, which was no Twelve Angry Men).
• working on projects for Katharine.
• not sleeping enough thanks to teeth grinding and other ailments.
• movies I’ve enjoyed, including Indiana Jones and The History Boys.
…and so on.